The HKMJ team has collated some of the latest information on COVID-19 for our readers.
If you have any resources that you think could be shared, please contact the Editorial Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to submit an article related to COVID-19, please use our online submission system: https://www.hkamedtrack.org/hkmj/
Articles related to COVID-19 published in the Hong Kong Medical Journal
- Liow Y, Loh VWK, Goh LH, et al. COVID-19 primary care response and challenges in Singapore: a tale of two curves. Hong Kong Med J 2021 Feb 2. Epub ahead of print.
- Chiang KY, Ip MSM, Lui MMS. Community continuous positive airway pressure therapy and non-invasive ventilation use during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hong Kong Med J 2021 Feb 2. Epub ahead of print.
- Wang SSY, Teo WZY. Perils of pandemic waves in COVID-19. Hong Kong Med J 2021 Feb 2. Epub ahead of print.
- Lee CH, Ng PY, Pang SYY, Lam DCL, Lau CS. Successfully conducting an objective structured clinical examination with real patients during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hong Kong Med J 2021 Feb 2. Epub ahead of print.
- Joynt GM, Leung AKH, Ho CM, et al. Admission triage tool for adult intensive care unit admission in Hong Kong during the COVID-19 outbreak. Hong Kong Med J 2021 Jan 28. Epub ahead of print.
- Gao J, Zhang S, Zhou K, et al. Epidemiological and clinical characteristics
of patients with COVID-19 from a designated hospital in Hangzhou City: a retrospective observational study. Hong Kong Med J 2020 Nov 12. Epub ahead of print.
- Hui PW, Ma G, Seto MTY, et al. Effect of COVID-19 on delivery plans and postnatal depression scores of pregnant women. Hong Kong Med J 2020 Nov 5. Epub ahead of print.
- Bin Arif T, Khalid S, Siddiqui MS, et al. Incidence, patterns, risk factors, and histopathological findings of liver injury in coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19): a scoping review. Hong Kong Med J 2020 Oct 30. Epub ahead of print.
- Hui KK. Povidone-iodine and carrageenan are candidates for SARS-CoV-2 infection control [Letter]. Hong Kong Med J 2020 Oct;26(5):464. Epub 9 Oct 2020.
- Lam PT. Self-reflections after disbandment of palliative care unit during COVID-19 pandemic [Letter]. Hong Kong Med J 2020 Oct;26(5):463. Epub 9 Oct 2020.
- Jahangir M, Nawaz M, Nanjiani D, Siddiqui MS. Clinical manifestations and outcomes of COVID-19 in the paediatric population: a systematic review. Hong Kong Med J 2020 Sep 30. Epub ahead of print.
- Wang Y, Luo S, Zhou CS, Wen ZQ, Chen W, Chen W, Liao WH, Liu J, Yang Y, Shi JC, Liu SD, Xia F, Yan ZH, Lu X, Chen T, Yan F, Zhang B, Zhang DY, Sun ZY. Clinical and radiological characteristics of COVID-19: a multicentre, retrospective, observational study. Hong Kong Med J 2020 Aug 27. Epub ahead of print.
- Li SK, Ng FH, Ma KF, Luk WH, Lee YC, Yung KS. Patterns of COVID-19 on computed tomography imaging. Hong Kong Med J 2020 Aug;26(4):289–93. Epub 30 Jul 2020.
- To KKW, Yuen KY. Responding to COVID-19 in Hong Kong [Editorial]. Hong Kong Med J 2020 Jun;26(3):164–6. Epub 11 Jun 2020.
- Wong SYS, Kwok KO. Role of computed tomography imaging in identifying COVID-19 cases [Editorial]. Hong Kong Med J 2020 Jun;26(3):167–8. Epub 11 Jun 2020.
- Lee KYT, Kwan AWS, Que TL. Workflow updates to maintain clinical services and reduce utilisation of personal protective equipment during the COVID-19 outbreak [Letter]. Hong Kong Med J 2020 Jun;26(3):263–4. Epub 5 Jun 2020.
- Leung KKY, Hon KL, Qian SY, Cheng FWT. Contrasting evidence for corticosteroid treatment for coronavirus-induced cytokine storm [Letter]. Hong Kong Med J 2020 Jun;26(3):269–71. Epub 5 Jun 2020.
- Hon KL, Leung KKY. Paediatrics is a big player of COVID-19 in Hong Kong [Letter]. Hong Kong Med J 2020 Jun;26(3):265–6. Epub 5 Jun 2020.
- Lin WL, Hon KL, Leung KKY, Lin ZX. Roles and challenges of traditional Chinese medicine in COVID-19 in Hong Kong [Letter]. Hong Kong Med J 2020 Jun;26(3):268–9. Epub 5 Jun 2020.
- Law SK, Leung AWN, Xu C. Are face masks useful for limiting the spread of COVID-19? [Letter]. Hong Kong Med J 2020 Jun;26(3):267–8. Epub 5 Jun 2020.
- Law SK, Leung AWN, Xu C. Is reinfection possible after recovery from COVID-19? [Letter]. Hong Kong Med J 2020 Jun;26(3):264–5. Epub 5 Jun 2020.
- Leung JSM. Impact of COVID-19 as a vertical infection in late pregnancy [Letter]. Hong Kong Med J 2020 Jun;26(3):271–2. Epub 5 Jun 2020.
- Xue W, Lam C, Yeung HH, Wong CS, Chan VLY, Wong YS. Travel restrictions in the rising COVID-19 pandemic. Hong Kong Med J 2020 Jun;26(3):255–7. Epub 3 Jun 2020.
- Tan T, Yee CH, Ng CF, Teoh JYC. COVID-19 and the history of antiseptic surgery: how to tackle these little beasts. Hong Kong Med J 2020 Jun;26(3):258–9. Epub 3 Jun 2020.
- Yu EYT, Leung WLH, Wong SYS, Liu KSN, Wan EYF, for the HKCFP Executive and Research Committee. How are family doctors serving the Hong Kong community during the COVID-19 outbreak? A survey of HKCFP members. Hong Kong Med J 2020 Jun;26(3):176–83. Epub 1 Jun 2020.
- Wong DHT, Tang EWH, Njo A, Chu CKL, Chau SKY, Chow TL, Lim HS, Fung KSC, Li KKW. Risk stratification protocol to reduce consumption of personal protective equipment for emergency surgeries during COVID-19 pandemic. Hong Kong Med J 2020 Jun;26(3):252–4. Epub 5 May 2020.
- Woo SC, Yung KS, Wong T, Yu ELM, Li SK, Chan HF, Chan CH, Lee YC, Chan JMC, Leung WS. Imaging findings of critically ill patients with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pneumonia: a case series. Hong Kong Med J 2020 Jun;26(3):236–9. Epub 29 Apr 2020.
- Ng FH, Li SK, Lee YC, Ma JKF. Temporal changes in computed tomography of COVID-19 pneumonia with perilobular fibrosis. Hong Kong Med J 2020 Jun;26(3):250–1.e1-2. Epub 29 Apr 2020.
- Kwok HM, Wong SC, Ng TF, Yung KS, Luk WH, Ma KF, Chik TSH. High-resolution computed tomography in a patient with COVID-19 with non-diagnostic serial radiographs. Hong Kong Med J 2020 Jun;26(3):248–9.e1–3. Epub 29 Apr 2020.
- Hon KL, Leung KKY. Severe acute respiratory symptoms and suspected SARS again 2020 [Letter]. Hong Kong Med J 2020 Feb;26(1):78–9.
General COVID-19 resources
- Centre for Health Protection:
- Hong Kong SAR Government:
- World Health Organization:
- Hong Kong Academy of Medicine:
Collections of COVID-19 research
- Find evidence on interventions for COVID-19:
- WHO database of latest COVID-19 research:
Publisher collections of COVID-19 research that have been made Open Access (freely available for all)
- Springer Nature:
- Taylor and Francis:
- Oxford (OUP):
- Cambridge (CUP):
- Wolters Kluwer:
- The Lancet:
- Annals of Internal Medicine: